- 24,130 hits
Top Posts & Pages
No Commodore but real USA
But they will call it Commodore Amiga, not CommodoreUSA „Amiga““ as it is.
Just for score keeping here is a list of all the hardware cusa has mentioned or made over the last few years. If anyone has any additional info then lets keep a record.I did one make a list of their products, both existing and „future“ models, but for the life in me I can’t find it. So I will try and list it all again.
- Pheonix – This was one if the initial models announced when CUSA first started. This later became the first Vic Pro.
- Iviticus – This again was an early model that was intended for release. This was canceled (http://gizmodo.com/5554750/commodore-invictus-keyboard+computer-specs-bests-the-asus-eee-keyboard)
- Amigo – This was yet another announced (http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=552048&postcount=1) system but was never shown or released.
- C64x – Released and shown a lot. This has seen several revisions including standard, pro, extreme and supreme. Including a barebones system, just the case, and now announced clear and black cases (http://www.commodore-amiga.org/forum/2-welcome-mat/15395-update?lang=en#15395) which were renounced by Barry. Gurrent model comes with an i7 processor.
- Vic Slim – Initially two versions of the slim were produced. A pro version, this was the pheonix, and a less powerful black slim version. The silver (pheonix) vic was replaced by the current slim and the original slim was dropped completely. It has had a couple of hardware revisions. These computers are pre-built computers. However CUSA has access to the „barebones“ case. At time of writing a „clearence“ barebones (the old slim model) is available with a Atom D525 1.8GHz processor where as the current barebones comes with Intel Atom D2700 2.13GHz.
- Vic Mini – This was origionally the same case as the Amiga Mini (http://www.commodore-amiga.org/en/component/content/article/3-newsflash/80-commodore-vic-mini) but in black and no laser etched Amiga sign. However this was replaced with the current Mini which is a rebadged ZOTAC ZBOX Giga ID70 Plus (http://www.zotac.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images-SRW.tpl&product_id=414&category_id=153&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=100275&lang=en&vmcchk=1&Itemid=100275). No barebone is available as this is a simple rebadge with the same specs. It is priced at $999.
- Amiga Mini – Current model is either a Streacom F4 or Wesena Minit ITX2 (http://www.wesena.co.uk/product.php/5/2/itx2). It has a laser etched Amiga sign on the front along with stick on Commodore branding. Initially only available in silver it was revised when the Vic Mini was replaced with the Zotac box. Now you can get it in black or sliver also with or without Amiga branding. Initially only one hardware setup was available which was an i7 with 16gb ram. Only the HDD was cusomizable and these were a traditional 1tb HDD, 300gb SDD or 600gb SDD. it was described as the sportscar of the computer world. However these were revised after numerous complaints about pricing ($2740) to include i3 and i5 processors and RAM selection. All systems include NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 430 GPU with 1GB DDR3. These have been linked to Zotac motherboards. A barebones model is available in both black or silver and with or without etching. hints of yet another hardware revision has been mentioned also (http://www.commodore-amiga.org/forum/27-commodore-usa/15473-amiga-mio?lang=en#15477)
- Amiga Mio – this was recently announced (http://www.commodore-amiga.org/forum/2-welcome-mat/15395-update?lang=en#15395) in Barry’s big update. However it’s been revealed that it actually the current Vic Mini (http://www.commodore-amiga.org/forum/27-commodore-usa/15473-amiga-mio?lang=en#15477). This change in name is to apparently make it easier identify and place it in the current product linup and is now the entry CUSA Amiga. No news on pricing has been announced.
- Amiga 1000x – Hinted at a while back in a news article on commodore-amiga.org (http://www.commodore-amiga.org/en/component/content/article/3-newsflash/78-a1000x) this box, which was a photoshopped image from an original Amiga 100 box, was shown around several sites. It turned out to be a Wesena E5 (http://www.wesena.co.uk/product.php/7/3/e5) case and Iton Bluetooth keyboard (Read my post ). However a recent update from barry shows a pre-prdouction case with etched Amiga logo (http://www.commodore-amiga.org/forum/27-commodore-usa/15452-commodore-amiga-1000x-minus-the-keyboard-garage-and-custom-keyboard?lang=en#15452). Initially though several possible cases have been shown over the last year and a half including Kama T series and Origen S series. Pricing has been hinted at starting from $2495 (http://www.commodore-amiga.org/forum/5-commodore-amiga-hardware-wishlist-/10991-cusa-commodore-amiga-concept-designs?limit=15&start=240&lang=en#13166). No specs have been announced.
- Amiga 2000x and 3000x – Several possible cases have been shown over the last year and a half including Kama T series and Origen S series. No other news has been mentioned other than they could be expensive.
- Amiga 500x – This was initially suspected to be the current Vic pro. However no further info came from this. Seems to be a dead project.
Now I lost my original list with all this on. So I had to piece it together from my own posts and what I could remember. If anyone can remember anything else then please let me know and we could update this.
————————————— VoX Comments ——————–
- Hardware is only difference between brands, and at same time can be traded (e.g. C64x Ultimate) to be equal with new series.
- Original itention was to have VIC as low level line, C64x as mid level offer and Amiga as high end (Barry promised $20 000+ Amiga)
- There are Future models they tend not to make
- Several projects were announced and withrawn,such as A500x , Amiga 500 case copy but it was done by Loriano, Italy
And now some real Amigans responses
FB group http://www.facebook.com/pages/Anti-CUSA-Anti-Commodore-USA/128459627221419
by Fransexy on 26-Jun-2011 2:07:55
pardon????!!!!! You want an AmigaOS like OS on x86? you have AROS. You want an Amiga branded computer not matter what it have inside? you have CUSA computers. I do not understand your feeling about that but i do not force you to use PowerPC Amigas Running AmigaOS. instead you are always force to convince us that PowerPC is dead, That AmigaOS 4 is not real AmigaOS, you always are joking of us for want what we really want and not what any other people want to force us to want. AND YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL WE TOTALITARIANS? You have a seriuos psicologic problem, sincerely if you are not trolling and you really think what you are writing you need a profesional help
Only channel you cant comment
It has come to our attention that Commodore USA is about to launch a new line of „AMIGA(tm)“ branded computers using the classic Amiga(tm) naming convention. These new computers have absolutely nothing in common with the old Amiga(tm) computers other than the name.
This is the reason why we wholeheartedly appeal to you to reconsider using the old classic Amiga numbering in your new line of Commodore Amigas.
To Cusa people:
You see, we already have Windows machines at home (finished Dead Space 2 a while back), what could Cusa offer that we don’t already have three trillion times better and more powerful already?
So „what Hyperion can offer instead“ you ask? Years ago among different computer platforms I/we chose Amiga, I had my A2000 expanded with CPU card and RTG, and were learning my profession on it. I would’ve never switched if new machines (and OS timely updates) came out.
I’m here to see (and support the effort) if they can pick the last pieces and create something I can use as my everyday computer, which happens to be the next step in what I left behind and I’m not willing to waste my time with anything else as I lready have a powerful modern computer
So something for you to understand once and for all (I’ll call it point A for future reference):
A) AmigaOS and future AmigaOS computers have a reason to be, they are the direct continuation of the last step taken by the platform we know and love, and we care to see whether or not they manage to bring it back to viability (not mainstream). Cusa on the other hand it’s not the continuation of anything and sadly, it doesn’t offer us what Bill Gates does. If you are not the continuation of AmigaOS, you must be better than Gates to grab attention otherwise you are pointless.
Cusa needs more than advertise with Tron in order to look better than Bill Gates to everybody’s eyes here. And needs the Amiga Operating System to be Amiga.
Now for point B:
B)“AmigaOS it’s behind and I don’t want it!“ Let me give you an advice then: go to your local super-market and buy an HP PC for cheap. Feel free to place and Amiga sticker from Amiga Inc. on it and install AmigaOS4.0 theme available for WindowsBlinds. Finally you have an Amigaish desktop that belongs to a platform that sells billions of machines, it’ powerful fully featured and costs peanuts. Yeah it’s not Amiga but who cares…).
„But I want Amiga!“ Then check out what Hyperion brings out in terms of next OS updates and new computers.
And that’s basically all there is to it folks.
Down: Example of CUSA propaganda